Monday, November 10, 2014

Benefits of Blogging

Blogging both motivates and empowers students, especially ELLs.  Writing for an authentic, global audience encourages students to utilize and improve language skills.  When students write, read, and comment on blogs, they become active participants in the language acquisition process, taking ownership of their own learning.

While I haven't establish a classroom blog for my students, I thought we could try a little blogging on Bilingual Basics!  As part of our daily vocabulary instruction, students responded to the following prompt about today's word, abolish:

If you could choose one thing to abolish, what would it be?

My class was extremely excited about the possibility of being featured on my blog!  Here's one student's written response to the prompt.  I'll let other students type their answers her question in the comments.



4 comments:

  1. If I wanted to abolish something it would be my brothers because they are so mean to me. --C.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could choose 1 thing to abolish it would be pollution because it is hurting the earth. When pollution fills the air trees die and we can't have fresh air. It could also kill sea and land animals. So try to help out! --R.E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could abolish something it would be deadly creatures. --T.N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would abolish smoking because people will have to go hospital and get bad diseases and cancer and get very sick and die. I want to get rid of it because I want to outlaw it. --K.F.

    ReplyDelete